Banana Choc Brownie Protein Mug Cake
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 1 Egg ((or 1/4 cup egg whites))
- 1 tsp Stevia ((or any sweetener of choice))
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Pea Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp Psyllium Husk
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Plant based milk ((nut milk creates a gooey brownie texture))
In a medium sized mixing bowl mash the banana, then whisk in the egg
Mix in remaining ingredients until smooth
Pour into a large mug (or two smaller mugs) and heat in the microwave for 1 minute
Check then heat for another minute. Keep checking to make sure the mixture does not rise too high. If it does, stop the microwave and open the door. Once the mixture has sunk, continue cooking.
Remove from microwave, tip onto a plate, top and enjoy
You can also eat the mug cake straight from the mug.
Gluten-Free Flour Options
You can replace the psyllium husk with either:
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond meal
You can use 1/4 cup liquid egg whites instead of the egg if you prefer extra protein.
Vegan Egg Replacement
- 2 tbsp of plant-based milk
- Chia/Flax egg
- a few slices of banana (saved from the recipe) & 1 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter.
- coconut yogurt
- any nut butter