- 1 Banana Mashed (keep 3 slices for the top if desired)
- 1 egg
- 1 Frozen Strawberry Sliced
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Pea Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
Additional add ins – 1/2 tsp Vanilla, 1 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- In a small mixing bowl mash banana & egg together.
- In a large mug combine protein powder, psyllium husk & baking powder.
- Once combined, add the dry mix to banana and egg, stir till combined.
- Stir in Sliced frozen strawberry.
- Add in additional add in’s if wanted and stir together.
- Pour mixture into large mug and microwave for 60 sec (watch to make sure it doesn’t explode).
- Microwave for another 60 seconds.
- Using a butter knife scrape the outside of the mixture and mug to ensure it won’t stick. (If mixture gets stuck to the knife continue microwaving your cake).
- Serve – On a plate tip your mug upside down and gently pat the bottom, remove mug and your cake should be upside down on your plate.
- Top with desired toppings.
If you don’t have psyllium husk you can use 1 tbsp coconut flour & you may need 1 tbsp of non-dairy milk.
You can eat straight out of the mug, just ensure it is cooked by poking it with a skewer, then top with whatever you desire.
The protein powder I used is Vital Chocolate Pea Protein and it is already sweetened.
If you don’t have baking powder, baking soda will work too.
Toppings Pictured are – sliced banana, sliced strawberry & 1 tbsp Peanut butter.