Miss 14 has been cooking up a storm in preparation for my birthday. She created these cookies and they were perfect the very first time.
These delicious, soft, fluffy cookies are so moreish you won’t be able to have just one. Luckily they are not only gluten-free and dairy-free but also low FODMAP and refined sugar-free as well.
Even those members of the family who don’t have dietary restrictions love them.
Whip up a batch today. You won’t regret it.
Chocolate Drop Cookies
- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar ((or stevia))
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk ((or plant based milk of choice))
- Pana Organic Chocolate & Hazelnut Spread ((or dairy-free chocolate chunks/block))
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
Line 3 baking brays with baking paper.
In a large mixing bowl whisk flour and sugar until combined.
Mix in oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk until smooth.
Using a teaspoon, scoop out a heaped spoonful of mixture and place on the baking tray. Repeat with remaining mixture leaving room inbetween for rising and spreading.
Bake in oven for five minutes.
Remove from the oven.
Using the back of a measuring teaspoon, gently push a small indent into the centre of each cookie.
Add a teaspoon of Pana Organic chocolate & hazelnut spread into the centre of each cookie being sure not to overfill as the jam will run.
Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are slightly golden.
Remove from oven.
Cool and Serve.
- use a chia egg
- use extra plant-based milk of choice making sure to only add enough until you get the consistency of cookie dough.
- use nut-free chocolate spread
- use nut-free dairy-free milk of choice