With the weather getting cooler most of us don’t want to get out of bed. But a nice warm bowl of paleo porridge might just tempt you to leave the warm covers and make it to the kitchen.
- 1/3 cup Paleo Porridge ((We use Ceres Organics Paleo Hot Breakfast Cereal))
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk ((Or any dairy-free milk))
- 2 tsp Powdered Peanut Butter ((We use Macro Mike))
- 1 Banana, sliced
- 2 Strawberries, chopped
- 1 dash Cinnamon
In a microwave safe bowl, add Paleo Porridge and almond milk and stir.
Heat in the microwave for one minute
Remove from microwave and stir.
Add some sliced banana (chopped into smaller pieces) and stir.
Heat in microwave for one minute.
Remove from microwave and mix in the Powdered Peanut Butter (or other flavours/sweeteners of choice).
If you prefer a 'baked porridge', heat in microwave for two minutes
If you prefer your porridge a little runnier, simply top and serve.
You can easily experiment with different flavours.
Some of our favourites are:
- 1 tsp Stevia
- 1 tsp Maca Powder & I tsp Stevia
- 2 tsp Powdered Peanut Butter (We use Macro Mike)
- 1 – 2 tsp flavoured Protein Powder (this makes a nice thick creamy consistency – We use Vital)
You can also experiment with different toppings.